Friday, August 26, 2011

Carolina Mayorga | Art After Dark @ AMA | Artist 7 of 10


Carolina Mayorga | www.carolinamayorga.com


Carolina Mayorga
Sat. September 1, 2011 from 8pm to 12am at AMA | Art Museum of the Americas

Carolina Mayorga explores religious rituals, migration, and conflict with a tasteful blend of poignancy, irreverence, and humor.  She writes "Social issues related to my culture have always been the theme of my art: My culture related to Catholic rituals, the political situation of my native Colombia, issues of migration as a response to my bi-cultural experience of living in Colombia and the United States, and most recently, my perspective on the current global war that has shaped the beginning of the 21st Century."


For AAD, she will be hawking fruits and other “delights of South America.”

No comments:

Post a Comment